(keitai-l) Re: Vibration experiences wanted

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <aps_at_writemail.com>
Date: 01/25/01
> Perhaps I'm overly desensitized, but I have trouble recognizing when my
> phone is vibrating - even on the strongest setting of my
> NM502i, even when it is dancing around on the table in front of me.

You must be extremely desensitized or you phone must be broken. My heart
is weaker since I started using the vibration setting on the Nokia.

> 1. If you use or have used vibration what you think of it?

I keep it on all the time to avoid any embarrassing situations in which I
forget to turn of the volume when necessary. Also it's easier to ignore
calls than with the ring. The exception is when I am at home and not
carrying the phone around. Still I find the vibration too violent -
especially on a table or next to keys. Even in a pocket it is too loud for
meetings.

> 4. Has anyone come across any innovative applications of
> vibration or other tactile feedback?

You could attach some sandpaper to the back and use it to sand an old
table ... or attach a drill and dig for oil ... or something.

Andrew