(keitai-l) Re: Frustration makes way for...

From: Stuart MacDonald <stuart_at_fs.catv.ne.jp>
Date: 01/30/01
For those of you who are interested, I pulled up some figures on Internet
usage in Japan from some Japanese whitepapers last week - talking about
traditional access here - not mobile internet access.

Here are the figures (feb 2000)

2.6 million hosts
19.3 million users

Which makes 14.1 percent of the population. Making Japan number 6 for
percentage of the population using the Internet in the Asia-Pacific region.
For Internet population using the Internet no.2, after the states.

Country Population Percentage
Australia 31.7
Singapore 28.7
Hong Kong 26.7
New Zealand 26.4
Taiwan 18.1
Japan 14.1
Korea 8.0
Malaysia 3.8
Thailand 1.6

Source: Japan Internet Whitepaper Proceedings, 2000

Cheers

stu