(keitai-l) Re: frustration makes way for...

From: Zimran Ahmed <zimran_at_creativegood.com>
Date: 01/31/01
>From: Victor Pikula <victor@pikula.com>
>Subject: Frustration makes way for...
>
>... laughter!
>
>While I was venting some air last week, pointing out the flaws in CNet and
>ZDNet publications, today I feel better than ever. I will walk the dog this
>afternoon with a huge smile on my face after...
>
>... reading T H I S :
>
>http://www.zdnet.com/enterprise/stories/main/0,10228,2677504,00.html

It's also worth commenting that the US does not have the basics right --
it's still hard to make a phone call!

Circuits and frequently busy, phone's don't work indoors, phone's don't
work in subways, and calls get dropped in major areas like NYC, Silicon
Valley, and San Francisco! Also voice quality is touch and go, even with
sprint's all digital service.

Now, while i do not agree with the article when he says phones are only
good for address book etc., I think he is right to say that the number 1
use for phones is making phone calls. That does not mean that there
aren't other uses as well, but the US should *first* focus on getting
that one basic thing right before moving onto more advanced features.

zimran

zimran@creativegood.com
212.736.2075

Check out our new wireless whitepaper! Download it for free at:
http://www.creativegood.com/wireless