(keitai-l) Re: i-mode latency

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 02/02/01
Kyle Barrow wrote:

> Mika Tuupola wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any info on latency in i-mode network.
> > I know this depends on many things but what is an average
> > latency between the handset and an i-mode site.
>
> Isn't this highly dependent on where the i-mode site is located
> in Internet space?

From what I've heard, the i-mode gateway and/or the DoCoMo network are
quite heavily loaded at times, which might add significantly to the
latency of communication between handset and web server.  I don't have
the experience necessary to answer Mika's question, though; hopefully
others on this list do.

--
I do not speak for Roundpoint; any opinions I express are my own.