(keitai-l) Re: i-mode latency

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_X-9.com>
Date: 02/02/01
>From what I've heard, the i-mode gateway and/or the DoCoMo network are
quite heavily loaded at times, which might add significantly to the
latency of communication between handset and web server.  I don't have
the experience necessary to answer Mika's question, though; hopefully
others on this list do.
------8><--------------------

I built a simple application that delivers ping results from our Web server
to the i-mode device to help identify any DoCoMo network issues for our
clients. I have moved this into the public section of our server so anyone
with an i-mode phone can access it in the TOOLS section of
http://www.X-9.com/.

If there is interest, I could save latency/gateway results to a DB to give
people some idea on how their results compare against others.

Kyle

X-9 DESIGN LAB
http://www.X-9.com