(keitai-l) Re: i-mode usage likely overstated

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_X-9.com>
Date: 02/04/01
Nick May wrote:
-------8><------------------------
The last time I got a phone from a Docomo shop they offered me two prices
- the lower price required me to use imode (I do not know how/whether they
will check, no minimum usage was mentioned), the higher (by about 3000 yen
I think) was for if I did *not* intend using it for imode.
-------8><------------------------

Not quite the same situation but when I upgraded to my P209is I didn't want
the DoCoMo answer service.
With my last phone I found even after setting the answer time to the
longest, I would get one or two ring tones before it switched to the answer
service resulting in three calls and their charges instead of one.

DoCoMo's replied that I didn't have to use this "optional" service but if I
didn't I would have to pay 1000 yen more a  month. It looks like it was an
empty threat as the "no optional service" charge has yet to appear on bill.

Kyle

X-9 DESIGN LAB
http://www.X-9.com