(keitai-l) Re: i-mode usage likely overstated

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 02/04/01
The last time I got a phone from a Docomo shop they offered me two prices
- the lower price required me to use imode (I do not know how/whether they
will check, no minimum usage was mentioned), the higher (by about 3000 yen
I think) was for if I did *not* intend using it for imode.

Does anyone know if they DO check - and whether any sanction is
subsequently applied to malefactors? Is this a widespread practice? I was
buying the cheapest phone (F209i - small, light, small screen - replaces
the oh so passe and thuggishly big and slow 502it), which may have had
something to do with it.

Nick