(keitai-l) Re: Getting Data from Phone onto Computer

From: Eric Hildum <Eric.Hildum_at_ctc-g.co.jp>
Date: 02/07/01
>> If you have a Palm with infrared connection  (e.g. Palm Vx) you can
> directly
>> beam the addresses book entries (name, tel number, fax number,  email
> etc)
>> from the Palm to the NM502i. I tried it the other day with one  of my
> friends
>> who works at Nokia and it worked on the spot first time without  reading
> any
>> manual or any headaches. I have not tried it the other way round but it
> should also work.
>
> It also works with Pocket PC's if you have PeaceMaker installed, but I
> want to be able to do a bulk transfer or ideally keep the phone and a
> computer/PDA synched.
>
> I'm not sure if there is any way to do this, but perhaps your friend at
> Nokia knows.

I have been back and forth with Nokia on IR linkage with Palm devices, as I
too have tried it, and found that it is hit or miss - sometimes records
transfer, other times they do not. Nokia's official position is that this is
not supported. In fact there is no listing of supported devices or
compatibility available from Nokia. Apparently the only supported connection
is a cable connection to a Windows PC device.

The bottom line, if you are not a Windows PC user with a cable connection,
you are SOL and Nokia isn't interested in supporting you.

Eric Hildum