(keitai-l) Re: Getting Data from Phone onto Computer

From: David Kilburn <kilburn_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/07/01
At 08:49 AM 2/7/01 +0900, you wrote:
>I have been back and forth with Nokia on IR linkage with Palm devices,

My NM502i had to be replaced by DoCoMo yesterday. Surprisingly they told me
there was no way to transfer my address book from the dying phone to the
new one. However I found it quite simple to beam them from my Palm V using
the BEAM ADDRESS function that is available under MENU on the ADDRESS EDIT
screen.

Nothing would beam successfully from the ADDRESS LIST screen, which only
offers BEAM CATEGORY or BEAM BUSINESS CARD under MENU.

However, each address had to be beamed individually and confirmed
individually on the keitai before proceeding to the next. For some
inexplicable reason, certain addresses would not beam at all - the only
common factor discernable among these was that the names contained more
than one letter S. These I had to enter by hand.

Occasionally I had to go into the NM502i's SETUP menu to re-activate IR,
which would cut out if I was not nifty enough with my stylus on the Palm.

Hope this helps

David Kilburn