(keitai-l) Re: Getting Data from Phone onto Computer

From: David Kilburn <kilburn_at_gol.com>
Date: 02/07/01
At 05:47 PM 2/6/01 -0800, you wrote:
>The main use for those IR ports is of course to provide a
>serial connection (IrCOMM protocol) with the phone accepting and
>responding to Hayes AT-commands as if it is a modem.

I've found I can also use the NM502i as a wireless modem for my petit Sony
VAIO PCG-C1XD, connecting via the IR ports on both. All this required was a
regular dial up connection with STANDARD 28800 BPS MODEM selected from the
Windows 98 menu of pre-installed modems. The ISP number should best include
the area code with the number, leaving the Area code box empty in the
connection set up properties.

David Kilburn