(keitai-l) Re: Getting Data from Phone onto Computer

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <aps_at_writemail.com>
Date: 02/07/01
David Kilburn wrote:
> I've found I can also use the NM502i as a wireless modem for my
> petit Sony VAIO PCG-C1XD,

One thing I wondered is whether you get charged the data rate for such
connections. The phone recognizes it as a data call, but I haven't seen
any mention that data rates are used for this type of connection on the
DoCoMo site.

I also wonder why you can't use the Nokia for packet communications for a
device other than the phone.

Andrew

P.S. Regarding my comment about keeping the IR ports lined up earlier.
There is a simple clip device on the market to help with this problem.