(keitai-l) Re: i in i-mode

From: EMW <Joran.Roslund_at_emw.ericsson.se>
Date: 02/07/01
Hi!

I don't have an _official explanation_ but the answer I have
heard is: The 'i' stands for information, Internet and interactive.
(I suppose those are the three ones you heard from DoCoMo).

A further explanation I heard was that the 'i' stands for "me"
(first person pronoun) in the sence that you are occupied with
_yourself_ rather than using the phone to communicate with
someone else.

Maybe Mari Matsunaga's book is a better place to look. I've started
reading it but haven't seen any explanation on why they chose the name 'i-mode'.

Jöran