(keitai-l) Re: determining what is an i-mode page

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 02/08/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net さんは書かれました:
- And probably, as a quick trick, anything over 5K could be discarded
from
the start.

whoa!

no way - my page display size depends on the size of the cache of the
browser viewing it.

But it does raise the question - what kind of phone, with what
capabilities is google pretending to be when it interrogates my site?

If it is pretending to be netscape, it will get redirected. If it is
pretending to be a 501i, it will get a very different page, with
different images  to if it is pretending to be a 502it.

How does the google spider presemt itself to my site?

Do I have to add special code to the site to handle it properly?

My sites are 100% php/database driven - this is a SERIOUS issue for me.

Nick