(keitai-l) Re: KDDI goes to bed with rewamped OpenWave

From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf_at_xpedio.com>
Date: 02/08/01

>To compare: "I think my car is crap because it can't fly." Would that be an
>intelligent
>statement? Well, only if there are possibilities available that could have
>been used by the car manufacturer to make the car fly. Maybe in the future,
>yes,
>but will make that the technology as it is now any less?

Nevermind (an my car is crap). The GPRS handsets I hope that DoCoMo, we and
others succeed in convincing some of the Japanese and maybe one or two
Korean and Western manufacturers to deliver early this autumn will support
CHTML, XHTML Basic and non-binary WML without WML-script (sorry for that
sentence...). The unbinaryzation, or whatever, is done by a special
proxy/gateway. So we'll have yet another gateway, but a basic set of
WAP/WML will anyway be supported. So rejoice, all euro-WML lovers. And, no.
There is not yet any offical information about this, so don't ask.

Personally I will be most grateful for having email rather than SMS.

/gustaf

http://xped.io | gustaf_at_xpedio.com | t +46 8 674 50 47 | m +46 70 916 4747