(keitai-l) Re: Basic English guide to developing iApplis

From: <ZBlut_at_excite.co.jp>
Date: 02/09/01
Hi Oliver,

It seems like many people have already answered the question for displaying
the pdf file so I'll leave that one alone.

I am in digest mode so replying to this mail is a little bit more difficult
so, below is your question

8><-------------------------------------------------
>(Docomo's classes) uses a subset of the Java API's java.lang,(...) and
javax.microedition.io
8><-------------------------------------------------
Ahah! Great piece of information since I can't read Docomo's *.pdf files. In
this case, what exact subset of java.lang & javax.microedition.io is Docomo
using? My understanding is that regarding:
- java.lang: Docomo uses all the J2ME customized java.lang classes
plus the "UnsupportedOperationException" class.
- javax.microedition.io: Docomo uses the original J2ME
javax.microedition.io (i.e: no addings, no modifications).
Is my understanding correct?

Anyway, Zev thanks again for the guide.

Olivier

Hmm I suppose I could add the full listing of what is in there, but it is
everything in the CLDC API.
NTTDoCoMo has a com.nttdocomo.lang.UnsupportedOperationException class
indeed but I would consider that to be part of the imode Java profile of
NTTDoCoMo and not a customized addition to the CLDC.
To be honest I have not made a full comparision of what NTTDoCoMo lists of
CLDC api of javax.microedition.io, but in my experience I have not yet
noticed any deviations.

I hope that helps, and I am glad you found my site usedful!

Zev