(keitai-l) grass greener

From: James Governor <jgovernor_at_illuminata.com>
Date: 02/09/01
those of us not in japan see lovely pictures of imode screens and imagine
DoCoMo is a multimedia wonderland with transactions and all sorts of stuff
like that. security. mobile ecommerce (i need to buy some tickets or
whatever). great animated graphics. all the things that wap and 3g marketing
hype promised.

but it's not really is it? the graphics are sweet. emoji hits a hotbutton.
but there is a long way to go in terms of navigation and transaction
security and so on. its apparent, according to this list, that many
so-counted DoCoMo users (however many tens of millions it is this week) are
just people that have bought keitai and pay the few yen a month for the
service whether they use it or not.

i wonder whether we might see a DoCoMo 'backlash' soon. Or have I missed the
point?