(keitai-l) Re: grass greener

From: Jonathan Shore <jshore_at_e-shuppan.com>
Date: 02/09/01
> The future of the Internet is not the PC, it's wireless. This is
> the third phase
> of the Net:
> 1 - The Beginning (ArpaNet, etc)
> 2 - Even my mom uses the net (AOL, Yahoo!,etc)
> 3 - Everyone in the world on the Net (fixed wireless across Africa, half a
> billion Chinese with cellphones, etc.)

Nothing can be said so definitely, IMO.  There is something which is certain
however:  the future of the net is going to be on a continuum of devices
from PC to Media Venues to Mobile Phones to Wearable Computers.  Each of
these has definite advantages in a usage / capability space (if you will).

Think about why most people probably don't want to watch feature films on
their PC and why they might prefer a big theatre venue (ok yes maybe we can
blast a virtual screen into your retina, but...).

Also think about bandwidth and limitations within a broadcast medium.  Think
about the continuous growth of data media data sizes with higher definition
video, 3D video, etc.  I would bet that media will find a way to use more
bandwidth as bandwidth increases.  Of course there is mpeg-4 (which I'm
working with now), but it only goes so far.

---
Jonathan Shore
CTO
E-Publishing Group K.K.