(keitai-l) Re: grass greener

From: Eijkemans, Paul <Paul.Eijkemans_at_ben.nl>
Date: 02/12/01
That's the whole problem here in Europe. Nobody seems to realize that i-Mode
business models, where
applicable, should be copied and enhanced, not i-Mode technology. Bringing
i-Mode technology as
it is now to Europe does not have any additional value over what we already
have. It won't
change the crappy business models that are currently in place.

Take the whole i-Mode case and ask yourself what in it is i-Mode technology
dependent.
Hardly anything. Cure what is sick (about everything non-technical) and keep
what is working great.

The KPN/TIM/DoCoMo plans are, however, very powerful when it comes to being
a stronghold for Java
developments for the handset.

Paul

>The hype about I-mode is quite high here in europe. This is probably what
pushed Telecom Italia Mobile in the
>I-mode boat. Knowing the guys in TIM  (The general director is saying that
they would be able to duplicate the >success of I-mode already this year), I
am sure they don't really understand limits and potentiality (as they >
>don't really know what UMTS is going to be). Italians are in my opinion too
lazy for I-mode (I am italian...),  >and until they will not get full motion
video with their favorite soccer team Sunday goal, or the last episode >of
their soap opera they will not buy it...

Vittorio Nicolardi