(keitai-l) Re: question on enterprise security

From: dtalbot <dtalbot_at_j-com.co.jp>
Date: 02/13/01
I get the impression that access to enterprise resources (starting with
corporate email) is set to be one of the biggest uses of i-mode by
corporations.

The typical security solution involves leased lines to the i-mode gateway.
The company I work for, JCI,  has been offering this kind of solution for a
while now for multi-carrier users. Companies connect to our b-mobile
platform via a leased-line or VPN, this in turn connects to each of the
carrier networks (NTT DoCoMo, J-Phone, au etc.) via leased-lines. The
platform supports one-time passwords. And as a bonus for employees hounded
to stay in touch outside the office, the billing service (optional) can be
preset to separate personal and business use of the internet. So your boss
doesn't have to foot the bill for the more colorful sites you might choose
to visit.

http://www.jcius.com/b-mobile/12.html
http://www.jcius.com/b-mobile/9_3.html

We've been working with a number of vendors who provide the interface to
intranet servers. Probably the biggest two at the moment are Hitach IT and
B.B. Systems
Both offer solutions that are run over i-mode, J-Sky and EzWeb.

Cheers
David