(keitai-l) Re: i-mode phone, a drill down

From: JAPON.NET <web_at_japon.net>
Date: 02/20/01
> DoCoMo do not currently offer i-mode over PHS so even if you bought a PHS
> gateway and a Doccimo i-mode phone (is their Doccimo phone with i-mode
> available?) you would be out of luck getting i-mode to work.
>
> When asked, DoCoMo boffins have said that PHS i-mode will be available "in
> the future" but DoCoMo have little incentive to offer a service where you
> can buy a PHS gateway and cut DoCoMo out of the revenue model all together.
>
> Kyle

Kyle san

In Kanto and Tohoku at least, DoCoMo just started selling this month its PHS
browserphone 641s / 641sf. It allows access to i-mode sites -except to some
in the official menu !

Speed is 64K, colors:256, street price around 11.000yen, manufactured by
Sharp.

Vincent J. Luna, Director
--
JAPON.NET llc.: Making Your Company Visible in Japan
web_at_japon.net   http://www.japon.net/web/

iMode Eye: Independent Source on Japan's mBiz
http://www.japon.net/imode/