(keitai-l) Re: i-mode phone, a drill down

From: Kyle Barrow <kyle_at_X-9.com>
Date: 02/20/01
> Since I am in US and still doing this 'remote guessing', I have some
> questions on the i-mode phone. I have 'played' with a few of them in the
> States (can't use it, no PHS) but didn't have the chance to ask some
> questions about specifics.

DoCoMo do not currently offer i-mode over PHS so even if you bought a PHS
gateway and a Doccimo i-mode phone (is their Doccimo phone with i-mode
available?) you would be out of luck getting i-mode to work.

When asked, DoCoMo boffins have said that PHS i-mode will be available "in
the future" but DoCoMo have little incentive to offer a service where you
can buy a PHS gateway and cut DoCoMo out of the revenue model all together.

Kyle

X-9 DESIGN LAB
http://www.X-9.com