(keitai-l) Re: Stinger: What do you think?

From: Craig Dunn <craig.dunn_at_conceptdevelopment.net>
Date: 02/20/01
>>http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010219/tc/microsoft_smartphone_dc_2.html

here's the 'stinger' home page
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/phones/default.asp

guess what else?
Macromedia FLASH is available on the PocketPC platform
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/developer/default.asp
i wonder if it will make it into Stinger....

and finally, it claimes to support imode as well!
First Mobile Phone Utilizing Microsoft Mobile Explorer 3.0 With HTML, cHTML
and WAP Support
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2001/Feb01/02-19MMEPR.asp
[yes, i know the i-mode != cHTML argument)

There was a discussion previously about the Pros/Cons of Flash on mobiles
[versus Java, scripting capability (WMLScript?) and other interative
possibilies]. i wonder if we *will* see Flash on mobiles sooner that we (I)
thought.

-- Microsoft comes late to a lot of parties, but they sure make friends
quickly when they (finally) arrive.

cd