(keitai-l) Re: Stinger: What do you think?

From: Jonathan Shore <jshore_at_e-shuppan.com>
Date: 02/20/01

> While there are some excellent examples of Flash applications out
> there, God
> forbid we have to suffer more self-indulgent Flash fests before
> we get to an
> actual sites content. Maybe manufactures could perhaps put a
> dedicated "Skip
> Intro" key on the phone ;)

Then again - what about indulgent java applets (those are far worse).  From
a content-designers perspective flash on keitai would be a clear win.  Who
wants to bother coding content in Java?  Better a flash animation than an
mpeg-4 or animated gif equivalent.

As for stinger itself, as much as I dislike microsoft, I think they may have
a win on their hands.  I'm sure they are planning connectivity with their
office suite, .net apps, etc.  At least for the business audience this is
going to be an important selling point.

JS