(keitai-l) Re: Most People Can Live Without Wireless Web

From: Ron Berg <RBerg_at_srinstitute.com>
Date: 02/23/01
Actually, having seen the commercial, what I remember is even more
complicated.  The man gets a reminder on his mobile calendar about his
anniversary.  He accesses local directory information to find a local
florist, orders the flowers by clicking on the screen, gets a voice call
from the florist to confirm, and then pays via smartcard.   The picture is
too rosy (so to speak), but I thought it was supposed to be futuristic -
"imagine how you could use your phone" rather than "buy flowers now."
Certainly, no more ridiculous than the TV commercial here in the U.S.
showing a rural entrepreneur using B2B e-commerce to make a sale to a total
stranger in Japan.
Ron Berg
rberg@srinstitute.com