(keitai-l) Re: i-mode phone, a drill down

From: Alexander Basil Chelico <c-alexander_at_crc.ad.jp>
Date: 02/26/01
Gerhard,

> > Anecdote - Most phones have a call history that remembers
> > the 20 most received and made calls (20 each). Paranoid
> > girlfriends/boyfriends/husbands/wives often check the list
> > of their significant other's phone and if there are less
> > than 20 entries for either list it is a sign that one or
> > more have been deleted to hide evidence of potentially
> > adulterous behaviour.
>
> I doubt that is true, because it's easy to switch off the
> delivery of your own number with the call, i.e. if someone
> does not want his/her own number to appear on other's
> call histories it takes 1 minute and knowledge of a few
> chinese characters to switch this off.

What I attempted (really poorly) to convey was that it was
not so much the lack of a number that caused suspicion
(because it would show up as "blocked number" or something
like that) as much as the lack of an entry. (ie, there
should be a total of 20 entries, but number 18 and 19 are
not there...)

alex