(keitai-l) Re: i-mode menu and user behavior

From: Phillip Zadarnowski <fanjet_at_iinet.com.au>
Date: 03/22/01
>Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang wrote:

>> The i-mode menu I know of has iMenu on top and then  Mail, Message
>> Bookmark, internet, inquiries, screen memo and help.
>>
>> And the usage of the i-mode phone was 34% voice, 42% email and 24%
>> internet (from InfoCom research, 2000 mentioned in the report by Devine
>> and Holmqvist) I wonder if it has do with how it is arranged.
>> ( email and internet percentage vs its menu locaiton.) Of course,
>> people do like to keep in touch.

>34% voice? I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds very wrong. Voice is
>far and away the most common use for i-mode phones.

>r e n

I'd certainly agree on that point, although these usage figures may be based
on income
for each category, rather than usage. I can't see 66% of i-mode users *not*
using voice,
so this 34/42/24 breakdown as *usage* needs to be qualified.

Perhaps I need to look up this report.

As I'm new here, a brief introduction - I'm working on mobile phone
services, initially with
WAP end-user games/information systems and more lately with looking at
i-mode and
the Japanese market.

This list is very informative, and I hope I can contribute occasionally with
information
that I come across from time to time...

Steve (aka "Fathead")