(keitai-l) Being (not quite) There (was Re: Re: So, will i-mode repeat its early successes in the European market?)

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 04/05/01
Tim Sheedy writes, in part:

> i have been an analyst for about 5 years now, which
> means i have been misquoted
> by the press for about five years now....

I'm pretty new to this business of being quoted.  It
happened to me just recently, which is what I get
for shooting my mouth off all the time instead of
getting a job, and maybe a life:

http://www.nwfusion.com/newsletters/fileshare/2001/0219share2.html
(Update on that: Sam has www.neurogrid.com going, now.)

Reading through what Anne wrote, I felt very on
edge, mentally checklisting: "yeah...OK....yeah,
yeah, I said something like that....close enough"
while marvelling that she could get all those napkin-
scrawled details down so well, so late at night, in
the kind of irritating smoky bar that I believe is now
illegal in her home state.

And actually, I *still* feel very on edge - was what
I was saying correct?  It was mostly second-and third-
hand.

Anyway, this is just to say that I'm really glad we have
a forum like keitai-l, where people at least have a chance
to get the story straight - or at least as straight as it's
ever going to be.  And that getting quoted is no picnic,
even when it happens to have been done reasonably
well.

-m
leap@gol.com