(keitai-l) Re: So, will i-mode repeat its early successes in the European market?

From: Hubert Hung-Hsien Chang <hubert_at_4w1h.com>
Date: 04/05/01
Dear Tim:

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 tsheedy@idc.com wrote:

> so please - in future, please do not critise until you know the facts. the
> planet would be a happier place without such negativity. and if you do so,
> please take it off line. and if you have any response please feel free to
> contact me directly - my details are below. lets spend our time and energy
> getting things right for our clients and the users of the mobile Internet
> services.

You are asking too much.

For one, whowever has critize on this specific topics is towards the
online article, if anyone who has known what you have mentioned, well,
everyyone would have been more reserved. In fact, I didn't post the
criticism to the list ( but directly to the poster) and you probably want
to thank me for that because it will make you VERY UNHAPPY while other
gets a lot of laugh. (so much laught that they don't need to watch any
comedy for a whole year.) It was a pure luck that I decided to do so. Not
that I know about any of the 'facts' you have mentioned.

Second, if anyone of us (not even everyone of us) is going to find out
each and every single fact like doing some FBI investigation on any
hyperlink we have seen on this list. This world will be a very happy place
indeed. Because we will be so busy checking out the first posting and its
related facts posted by the person who has the time to find out 'facts'
without ever going to the next thread.

Well... I have to say the criticism was light weight compared to my
private communication. After all 'what kind of drug are they taking'
( if and only if that is in your word) is not a proper criticism from a
journalist and may not entirely execuable from an analyst. And I think it
would be interesting to find out if there are more European or Australian
, since you were from until 1998 joining London IDC(yes, I did check
before I wrote my criticism and imagine what kind of visciousness in my
private message)  or US are using more drugs than Japanese.

Relax.... since you have been mis-quoted for 5 years. You probably have
the open mind (either learned or trained) to forgive others.  But I would
really suggest you to email the author of the article!!!

Now, wait, if we can bring one extra analyst to the list by just
criticizing their once 'quoted' or 'mis-quoted' article, that
would be a clever way to populate the list. Don't you think?

Bests,

Hubert

> consumer oriented nature.  It understands what the consumer wants and what
> will work.  Its success in Japan could very easily be ported to other
> regions considering DoCoMo's attention to cultural and local details.  The
> skeptics point to DoCoMo's knowledge of the market because it's playing in
> its own market.  However that is exactly why it has purchased minor stakes
> in telcos worldwide: to be able to provide interactive services that are
> meaningful in their own cultural context, through the local telcos that know
> their end-users best.  The negative view of the market coupled with the lack
> of vision by analysts must be changed to a realistic, and not hyped up idea
> of what we can expect from the wireless industry in the near future.

[ excessive quoting removed ]