(keitai-l) Re: smdEd iMelody editor and iAppli

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_livedoor.com>
Date: 06/15/01
I use smdEd sometimes but it doesn't do
16 voice MLD at all (at least the version I have)

It seems to have a lot of errors in its version of the MFi
format.  If it works, that smd editor ups the octave 1 octave.

I found that sometimes its good to up the octave as much
as 3 octaves to make it sound good on a keitai.  I think
you can do that with that editor by just making it higher and lower few times.

I think it does some good stuff, but it has percussion all
backwards if I remember right.

Our editor (theta) is up on the internet but it only
has a Japanese interface at present.  Hopefully
one day we can charge for people to use it, but there's
so many issues involved it may not happen.

David Cotter wrote:

>  I am writing some sounds for an iAppli on the N503i using the sndEd editor.
> There are many different instruments and I can probably find the sound I
> want. I am using the i-jade emulator to test my app and  I have no way of
> testing what this will sound like on the real phone.
>
> Does anybody have experience with this or other iMelody editors? Does the
> tune sound the same on the phone as it does in the editor or the i-jade
> emulator?
>
> Thanks
> David

-Paul Lester
pbl1@cornell.edu
http://members.tripod.com/~pbl1/

"Don't Forget to Try in Mind"
      "May the Force be with you"
              "Ketchup is Good"
-"Ketchup, natto and kimchee, that`s what Wogis are made of"