(keitai-l) Re: smdEd iMelody editor and iAppli

From: Paul Lester <paul.lester_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 06/18/01
Thanks.  It does (is bilingual)

    The version that we have sold to be used for Yamaha chakumelo conversions
does not "have an English version" available, but it may do the same since
it is essentially a newer version of the same program minus the chakumelo conversion.

    The thetamusic.com version is fully bilingual though but does not
do chakumelo, instead it sends a midi file to your mail account.
(Thats the one at composer.thetamusic.com)

    To get to the chakumelo version that does chakumelo, go to
http://mobile.yamaha.co.jp/
and if you click the right link you will be forwarded to
the real site.

(To use it you need a keitai with an email address which you type
in when registering)
For those of you outside Japan, it sounds like it would be difficult
to use theta.

    I can't guarantee it will work in English, because we have a bug listed
that we haven't fixed where if you view
this Japanese chakumelo version from an English computer it doesn't work (sometimes).
The bug has not been checked recently, since its such a hassle
to switch OSes for a bug that is not relevant to our target
audience.  It should be easy enough to fix one day....

    As for my comments earlier, I was wrong I think.  I only
tried out SmdEd with Cmx (or pmd) files which are similar to MFi.
I was trying to figure out why the percussion wasn't working
right and SmdEd didn't do the percussion right (at least the version
I was using) on those files either.  But it DID actually make a file
that grunted some sounds out.  (  I remembered Saturday Afternoon)
    If my memory (corrected) serves me right I did not try it
with a DoCoMo phone.

I felt bad, it seems whenever I write an email to keitai-L I
write something wrong.

    And my obsession with making perfect chakumelo goes on....
Anyone know how to use javax.mail to send an attached pmd file to
a C4XX series AU phone.  Thats my problem today.  Especially
a C401SA.  That's the problem.

    I can do it in the usual hacked ways but it is possible
to use an actual attachment and send it via
mail programs.  I think the javax.mail package may be missing
a few things like the message (in the headers of all places??!?!):

and a few carriage returns in odd places.

Anyone know about javax.mail and these issues? (a bit off-topic though)
(Thats why its at the end of a post and not a new post, its just me grumbling).

*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=*+*=
Paul Bryan Lester
LincMEDIA Inc
Layer-8 Technologies Inc
QA ENGINEER/Programmer etc etc