(keitai-l) Re: "Official" sites or "mirror" sites

From: Ian McDonnell <ian_at_mcdonnell.net>
Date: 07/04/01
Pavel,

When you browse to the site you wish to find the url for you can use the
menu option "URL参照" ( read as URL SANSHOU , meaning is Refer to URL) to
display the url in question.

Some sites don't mind if you use other browsers like IE to browse the url ,
e.g. Bloomberg http://www.btogo.com/imode/en/home.asp

Other sites will likely use either your USERAGENT or IP address to determine
whether or not they want to let you in and so the only way to view many of
them will be through a phone actually using a docomo ip address. Some of
them may redirect you elsewhere if they determine you are not browsing from
a phone.

If you play around with these urls you'll find that some sites have bizarre
(insecure) setups. For example CNN japan does not let me access
http://mobile.cnn.co.jp/imode/en/index.html but it does let me get directory
listings of its root http://mobile.cnn.co.jp and many of its subdirectories
from my IE browser.

Ian McDonnell