(keitai-l) Changing Cache Size on 209i

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/04/01
On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Patrick Benny wrote:

> Also, if someone could tell me how I can increase my keitai's browsing cache?
> I have a P209i and according to the cache size chart --
> at http://www.nttdocomo.com/i/tag/s2.html
> -- I should be able to increase it from 5K (default) to 10K.
> Is that possible and, if so, how?

These are the instructions for English mode; if you're using Japanese
mode, I'm sure you'll be able to translate appropriately.

    Go to the i-mode menu, and from there chose "Help", which is the
    [Tel] button to the left of the direction pad.

    Chose "Capacity" from that menu. (It's the second to last option.)

    Change the option from "Standard" to "Maximum."

I verified that this changes the User-Agent header from

as mentioned in the URL above, and I also verified that I page that got
cut off loaded fully after the change.

And then I went and set it back. It turns out that it takes a loooooong
time to scroll though even 5K of text; I can't imagine reading 10K of
text on the thing.

BTW, I like this phone quite a lot, particularly for its size. It would
be nice to have a slightly larger screen, but I'm not sure I'd want to
move up to a larger phone to get that. I really wish that there was an
i503-series model this size; they seem huge in comparison.

My only complaint is that every time I turn on manner mode, it turns off
the phone's internal voice mail (answering machine). If anybody happens
to know how to fix that, please drop me a note privately.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>  +81 3 5778 0123   de gustibus, aut bene aut nihil

Basically, a tool is an object that enables you to take advantage of the laws
of physics and mechanics in such a way that you can seriously injure yourself.
                                             --Dave Barry