(keitai-l) WRITE UP! - 1.: mobiliser.org - call for articles (July 2001 and later), 2.: Mobile Economy Quarterly 1.01 - call for papers (launch October 2001)

From: Jan Michael Hess <jansan_at_mobileeconomy.de>
Date: 07/04/01
Dear mobilisers, wireless wizards & mobile economy experts!

Oh yes, there is still so much to learn about our favourite
mobile economy and how we can make more money today and tomorrow
with networks, apps, content & devices that private & corporate
users will simply love and pay for.

That's why mobiliser.org and its mother company, Berlin-based
Mobile Economy GmbH, start calling you for action to write it all down
and publish it to the rest of the world wanting a slice of your wisdom.

We plan to do it in 2 steps:

1. Call for articles on mobiliser.org
-> From now onwards we invite authors to (re)publish their articles
on mobiliser.org. mobiliser.org was launched in October 2000, receives
about 2000 visits/week and targets decision takers and wireless executives.
Now is the time to enhance our output.

This is a good chance for you to build your personal/corporate
brand by writing about your field of expertise, experience and opinions.
Please find below subjects that are in our editorial pipeline. You may also
propose subjects that are not pre-imagined by us. The best authors will
enter our Mobile Economy Expert Network that will be referred to
journalists and conference organisers who increasingly ask us for
leads and opinions.

We accept articles in English and German of up to 10.000 characters.
Our editorial team reserves the right to publish only quality articles.

2. Call for papers in Mobile Economy Quarterly 1.01 (launch edition October 2001)
-> The Mobile Economy Quarterly is a scientific online-journal bridging
the academic and business world. We are currently looking for academic
and business partners interested in cooperating as co-editors and authors.
The articles have to be more thoroughly researched and written with a
scientific style (literature links, citations etc.). The launch
edition will be published in October 2001 for free and celebrated during
a big Mobile Economy Party we give in November 2001 in Berlin.

Future editions of the Mobile Economy Quarterly will be offered
with a pay-per-use business model and revenues will be shared among
authors and publishers. Papers will be accepted in English,
should encompass between 15.000 and 45.000 characters and include
some infographics.

Below, you find some subjects we propose for mobiliser.org articles and
Mobile Economy Quarterly papers (not all subjects are suited for a
more scientific analysis).

We are looking forward to reading from your thoughts.

Jansan.
Editor-in-chief, mobiliser.org
CEO, Mobile Economy

--- mobile economy subjects of interest ---

+ 3G and 4G wireless air interface access and core network technologies
+ Dream Devices for 2,5G, 3G & 4G, modular design, IC/Chip optimisation,
mass customization/build-to-order
+ IPv6 and its relevance to the progress of the mobile economy
+ Location Based Services (LBS): Technology, services, case studies & user benefits
+ Revenue sharing: Sharing revenues from airtime, airdata & premium usage fees
+ Reports on leading global mobile economy conferences
+ Telematics/wireless in the car/mobility & traffic management of human beings and goods
+ Mobile entreprise computing (ERP, CRM, SCM & mobilising other mobile business applications)
+ Case studies on new wireless startups and their products & services
+ MVNO - who, when, why & how
+ Mobile Digital Rights Management (DRM) and digital asset management
+ Mobile payment - new and superior solutions with widespread market acceptance
+ Mobile entertainment/gaming - Mobilising rich content & trends in mobile games
+ Mobile lifestyle research on consumer behaviour
+ Mobile usability research on devices & applications
+ Wireless Java - Development & distribution of Java apps (MIDlets)
+ WLAN/HiperLAN - Technology, apps & services
+ Bluetooth - Technology, apps & services
+ Mobile operators - Inside the most powerful organisations of the mobile economy
+ Mobile billing systems - How to design and run software that manages billions of dollars
of customer payments
+ Voice technologies, interfaces, commerce & portals
+ Wireless investors - Where to get really smart wireless money
+ Standards versus proprietary technologies - Which approach leads to more market success?
+ Economics of wireless data - Cost and price of mobile bandwidth
+ Mobile education
+ Laws and policies for the mobile economy
+ Health issues resulting from living in a mobile economy
+ ...

"Our vision of the mobile economy is beach2beach: Cut the wires
and do your mobile business from the beach to the beach."

Jan Michael Hess a.k.a. jansan
CEO, Mobile Economy
Editor-in-Chief, mobiliser.org

m: +49.172.32 79 555