(keitai-l) Re: society catches up with technology

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/05/01
On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Nick May wrote:

> [Re: first bunch o' e-mail messages now free on docomo...]
> I am not really comfortable with it as a way to tackle the problem, I
> assume it is a short term solution until they can get their act together
> technically.... (But I suppose one should not whinge about free cash)

I think they must have started doing something else as well. I've gone
from ten or twelve spams per day down to about five or six (though
admittedly I've blocked three or four addresses of the worst offenders).

What I would *love* to have (and will, if I ever get around to
implementing my keitai@cynic.net scheme) is the ability to block all
e-mail with an http: URL in it. I've never seen a spam without one.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>  +81 3 5778 0123   de gustibus, aut bene aut nihil

Basically, a tool is an object that enables you to take advantage of the laws
of physics and mechanics in such a way that you can seriously injure yourself.
                                             --Dave Barry