(keitai-l) Re: imode billing question

From: JAPON.NET <web_at_japon.net>
Date: 07/06/01
The i-mode billing deal in general terms:

Vendor Perspective:
The vendor contracts with DoCoMo.
The vendor gets from a customer a DoCoMo-certified application for its
service.
The vendor allows access from those customers.(via the uniqe identifier) to
its contents
The vendor is then paid by DoCoMo according to those applications.
Depending on the service the list of approved customers (IDs) can/must be
updated very frequently. It is up to the vendor to control access to its
contents. If somebody not approved by DoCoMo is allowed in, DoCoMo will not
pay for it.

DoCoMo perspective:
A customer/handset requests a fee-based service in a secure way (ie.
imputing a PIN selected at contract time). Required information is passed on
to the site (ie. unique ID). DoCoMo bills the customer and pays the vendor.

Customer Perspective:
The customer visits a site, and applies for a fee-based service, this is
registered by DoCoMo and the site.
The customer is billed by DoCoMo for the services.

Note:
All data traffic goes through DoCoMo servers, it is up to DoCoMo to analyze
it or not. If DoCoMo is handling the billing it will watch it.

Vincent J. Luna, Director
--
JAPON.NET llc.: Making Your Company Visible in Japan
web_at_japon.net   http://www.japon.net/web/

iMode Eye: Independent Source on Japan's mBiz
http://www.japon.net/imode/  日本のモバイルシーンを海外に!