(keitai-l) Re: does anyone know how many Java-enabled phones have been sold in Japan?

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 07/11/01
> > does anyone know how many Java-enabled phones have been sold in Japan?
>
> My rough guess is on the order of 5 million. SONY alone sold about
> 1/2 million SO503i's, which they had to exchange in a very expense
> recall action.
>
> Gerhard Fasol
> http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html
>
> >"Dargel, Brian A" wrote:
> > I am sure most people already know, but  the lastest subscriber numbers for
> > i-mode AND i-appli capable subs are listed on the DoCoMo web site...
> > 4,260,000 as of July 8, 2001
> > Brian

Thank you Brian, of course we know that.
I understood the question to mean all JAVA handsets, not only DoCoMo's!

My estimate of 5 million takes into account that both J-phone as well as
AU/KDDI have now also started JAVA appli services, also the DoCoMo
number
is a couple of days old. Therefore my estimate is approx. 5 million JAVA
enabled handset users _today_.

Gerhard
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html