(keitai-l) Re: EZweb-> i-mode -> user_agents?

From: Bill Pellowe <billp_at_gol.com>
Date: 07/16/01
> Since it appears EZweb users can now access unofficial
> i-mode sites, does anybody know what sort of values for
> the user_agent is showing up for these EZweb users?

This list might be useful for you:
http://amaro.g-art.nl/useragent/

Right now what I'm doing is looking for UP in the user agent, and basically
treating it as iMode but with text wrapping functions disabled.

I've never used an EZWeb device before -- only emulators -- so I'm not sure
what else needs to be changed. From an initial report from a friend, I there
seems to be an issue with accesskeys -- the accesskeys work, but the emoji
for the number may be redundant. (In other words, his description sounded as
if the picture appeared twice -- once because the link contained
accesskey="2" (like a J-Sky browser does with directkey="2") and once again
because I had the emoji for the number. He said the links look like this: 1.
[ (number graphic) link text]

The same friend also sounded annoyed that the "Go" button didn't do anything
but ask him if he wanted to bookmark the page. It'd be interesting to see
how it would work if you put an hdml line (<ACTION TYPE="SOFT1" TASK="GO"
etc.) into the page for EZWeb.

He said that .png images work fine, so if you've got png for j-phones,
that's an option.

- Bill
Bill Pellowe
billp@gol.com