(keitai-l) Re: mld and internet via cable

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/16/01
Hi Oliver,

Monday, July 16, 2001, you wrote:
> it's no problem to get a 503i phone here but i wonder if
> it is of any use for me because i couldn't find clear
> information about how to upload mld files via cable (or
> IR). it seems to be possible but i need to know exactly
> which cable and software to get.

do you speak/read Japanese? You can buy various programs
including cables to upload ringtones and background
graphics/screensavers to almost every device. These
programs start at around 5,000Yen to 15,000Yen and come
in all flavors, including a Hello Kitty style flavor.

You can buy these programs in software shops, not really
a problem. Just USB is needed on your laptop and at
least the patience to mess up your (possible German) system
by installing Japanese software.

> an other question i'm not sure about is how to get
> connected to the internet for i-appli upload etc when i'm
> in japan. can i just connect my laptop to the i-mode phone
> and use it's packet switched internet-connection? which
> software would i need for that?
Uh, it's no fun to use the Internet via i-mode connection,
remember it's just 9.6kbit/s.
I never tried it, we have a PHS card, but for this you
need a separate contract.

> or is there such a thing like call-by-call fixed line
> internet without contract (the usual way in germany)?
Can not help here, sorry.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht  [ Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. ]  http://nooper.com