(keitai-l) Re: mld and internet via cable

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_livedoor.com>
Date: 07/18/01
     Is it really possible to do so?  I have one such program
and it uses its own proprietary program to upload ringing tones
to and from the keitai and with ringing tones, it  only works
with a number of keitais, mostly older models.  But it doesn't use
MFi (mld) or any ringing tone files!  It has its own format it changes
internally into ringing tone files!

    Maybe I should shop around and check it out myself on Friday.

    Does anyone know of a program that lets you upload or download
actual ringing tone files (MFi/SMAF/smd or cmx) to or from a phone
via USB or Serial Port cables?  It would save a drop of money
if we had one and it would let us demo our product(s) outside of Japan
on a laptop without the "internet."

    Up till now I have used email in conjunction with httpd links OR
attaching the song byte data to email without links to send actual ringing
tones.

--
-Paul Lester
pbl1@cornell.edu

"Don't Forget to Try in Mind"
      "May the Force be with you"
              "Ketchup is Good"
-"Ketchup, natto and kimchee, that`s what Wogis are made of"