(keitai-l) Re: i-motion Mpeg3

From: <portals_at_onebox.com>
Date: 07/18/01
Do you ever get any real work done?
-
Carlos is one of my techs. We leave our stations open. who cares?
-

///: hmmm... good observation.
1,700 people watch your clip on a FOMA? What else is there? Where is all that
content coming from, to keep 1,700 glued to their Boutique Bricks of a phone?
-
We all know, that you have the nicest toys and go to all the hip and killer shows,
Juergen...
But I'm just talking about the reasonable use for the rest of us; the boring
public that wants something that really works without having a phone melting
on our ears.
When the dust settles, we want a very simple to use, lightweight Phone that can
play very short, informative clips, maybe even location dependent stuff to pay
for the service.....
It just has to be simple, not cost too much and not be obsolete in six months,
because somebody started to encode in the wrong or next version, that I don't
have on the chip in my phone.
-
MPEG4 is just not there. It's too bulky for wireless and burns too many resources,
the current phones can't support for a while.
-
When we all move around in a solid 500k> Network, and we have phones with 300Mhz
processors, that last (power) for more than a day; then we can enjoy MPEG4 information
clips all day.
-
For now, we have to watch and monitor what PV, Emblaze and Hellonetwork are doing
about making it easy to create content for their respective technologies.
-
They all have MPEG4 solutions, and can plug in any new codec (MPEG7) that comes
along....
-

/Christian.