(keitai-l) Re: i-motion Mpeg3

From: <portals_at_onebox.com>
Date: 07/19/01
> > ///: hmmm... good observation. 1,700 people watch your
> > clip on a FOMA? What else is there? Where is all that
> > content coming from, to keep 1,700 glued to their Boutique
> > Bricks of a phone?
> Here is where your misunderstanding (and Carlos in private
> mail) starts. You should read this list more carefully.

Thanks, Juergen.
I read this list carefully. I thought we were talking about Phones here?
not Eggy's.
-
I bought a bunch of Eggy's for about 200.000- each, 3 Months ago from several
stores, including the DoCoMo store at Shinagawa Station; just to test the usability
and quality of the device. The ability to really deliver what a consumer can
live with, to fulfill some reasonable expectations.
-
The Eggy is a DoCoMo trial to see if anybody bites. To see if anyone would actually
buy this service and start churning serious revenues; to surprise DoCoMo. But
sales are flat and the whole Eggy thing is going to disappear.
-
Only hacks like you and I are interested in this exotic toy. It will never be
seen actually used by more than one person per day on the entire Tokyo Trainsystem.
(How many Phones do you see every day?)
-
It's reasonable usability, that will win. Ease of use, and interesting content
will win. Not this awkward service, bleeping useless dreck to little Eggy devices.
Just compare the userbase of all sold Eggy's to the Multimedia Capable Phones.
-
Eggy has a Windows Player built-in, racking a whopping 500KB of processing space.
What Phone can play your MPEG4 files now?
-
Like I said before, MPEG4 won't be on PHONES anytime soon. But you can always
carry several devices with you. One for every task you want to do. Even if it
is the short 5 second clip (800k), you just recorded  and want to squeeze it
over the 64k pipe to Okinawa, where your Buddies are anxiously waiting to see
your face and pay 3000 yen for it.
-
Thanks Juergen. Maybe some day you see my point. I like you, don't get me wrong.
I don't want to challenge you. Your plugs are too funny.
-
To find out, go to Nooper: http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?%$#@!@