(keitai-l) Re: Sense of video on wireless phones (was:Re: i-motion Mpeg3)

From: Graham Brown <gbrown_at_wirelessworldforum.com>
Date: 07/19/01
> To me, however, a bigger question still looms.  Is video
> a mobile phone killer app?

Killer applications don't exist. People don't buy technology but
compelling services and content. Perhaps we should talk about
"killer services" as being more relevant.

The evidence from Eggy and the fact that pocket TVs have been
around for donkey's years (and nobody has one!) suggests that
mobile video phones could well be an industry tell-sell where we
(the Industry) have pre-emptied the demand of the consumer believing they
will
buy a great technology on the basis that it turns the likes of us gadget
freaks on (not the other 99.999% of the population).

GB