(keitai-l) Re: Sound on the SO503i

From: Manik Jandial <manikj_at_vbeing.com>
Date: 08/03/01
Hi,
Though it is good programming that you to call stop method for getting the
playback stopped(even though it has already stopped)But in my case  i have
checked my application without doing so......i.e i didnt call stop() method
to stop one sound and then played other sound  calling play() method of
audio presenter and it worked fine
In my case i loaded all my (.mld files) in the start() method and then used
these in my application

AudioPresenter theAP[]=new AudioPresenter[3];

public void start()
{

       soundloader("one.mid",0);
       soundloader("two.mid",1);
       soundloader("three.mid",2);
}

public void soundloader(String s,int i)
     {

       MediaSound sound =MediaManager.getSound("resource:///"+s);
       try
       {
         sound.use();
       }catch (ConnectionException ce) {} catch (UIException uie) {}
       theAP[i] = AudioPresenter.getAudioPresenter();
       theAP[i].setSound(sound);
     }

and then used it by calling appropriate sound like
theAP[0].play();
theAP[1].play();
theAP[2].play();

It also plays on D503i
(though sound differs a lot both in Sony and Mitsubishi)
Regards,
Manik