(keitai-l) Re: The usage of mobilephones among kids in Japan

From: Graham Brown <gbrown_at_wirelessworldforum.com>
Date: 08/03/01
We have been conducting a lot of research for our mobileYouth project on
mobile
phone usage by kids (aged 4 to 94!) worldwide. There have been some
interesting
findings - namely,
* There has always been an initial resistance to usage by minors compounded
by
media hysteria ("kids won't be able to write NEMORE, when they use texting
all day!").
This gives way to the positive practical implications as we have seen in the
Yomiuri
article
* The youth often use very little of the voice functionalities, some never.

If anyone's been conducting similar research in Japan I'm interested to get
in touch.

Graham Brown

VISION - wireless competitive intelligence newsletter
http://www.wirelessworldforum.com/subscribe.html
WIRELESS FAQ -
http://www.wirelessworldforum.com/cgi-bin/faqmanager.cgi

from Graham Brown