(keitai-l) Re: Civilians at risk from unexploded WAP 2.0 specs

From: Jonas Petersson <Jonas.Petersson_at_adcore.com>
Date: 08/05/01
Gerhard Fasol wrote:
> 2. Regarding the never ending WAP vs. imode discussion see:
> http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq-wap.html
> (this has been reviewed by the CEO of the WAP-Forum, and
> he said it's fair and accurate).

Nice comparison. I found a slight error in 6.6 though: Several (I would
dare say "many" even) WAP services in Europe *DO* use images
(monochrome). Most of them are just logos and fancy menues, but a couple
are actually useful - a map service in Norway springs to mind as
significant, a few weather services are more trivial. I think bandwidth
is the main reason that images are less common - combined with the fact
that actually putting them in the pages is a royal pain, compared to
just stick a gif image in an imode site.
(in fact, Nokia's logo format seem less of a pain to me - I played with
it last week.)

[This was all true long before Nov 2000]

				/ Jonas
--
Jonas Petersson             E-mail: mailto:Jonas.Petersson@adcore.com
Web: http://www.adcore.com/ Tel: 011-244800    Fax: 011-244809