(keitai-l) Re: getting Java apps onto J-Phone SH07

From: Christian Molstrom <cmolstrom_at_lightsurf.com>
Date: 08/06/01
Gary - -

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary James" <gary.james@lincmedia.co.jp>
To: <keitai-l@appelsiini.net>
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 12:35 PM
Subject: (keitai-l) Re: getting Java apps onto J-Phone SH07

> > If it is not open to third parties yet, is there a way to do it THROUGH
> > their network. Has anyone tried contacting JPHONE yet? Or does anyone
> > work at JPHONE?
> >

> Java applications can only be downloaded from J-Phone's Java server.
> The only people who can put applications onto this Java server are
> official providers.  If you try and download a Java application from
> another (3rd party) server you will get an error message.

Have you tried this yourself yet Gary?

> What's more J-Phone have not released their API and development kit so
> it would be pretty difficult for 3rd party developers to develop for
> J-Phone anyway (unless you want to stick to MIDP and miss out all of the
> fun of the JOCL).

Yes I was aware that J-Phones use a special JVM called JBlend, but was under
the impression that their API was compliant with CLDC and MIDP.  Any
thoughts as to why Aplix has not released an SDK??

Thanks,

Christian Molstrom

LightSurf Japan
Shinjuku Sumitomo Bldg. 20F