(keitai-l) Re: New i-mode menu

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_morganstanley.com>
Date: 08/07/01
Gerhard Fasol wrote:

> Also the charging system changed a little,
> there is more free now, even more free
> packet charges.

I find this curious: in an attempt to appease users who are rightfully angry
about all the spam they've been receiving lately, DoCoMo now gives you 400
packets a month for free. They state "400 packets is approximately 100 mails"
-- basically they're saying you don't have to pay for the spam you receive.
There's been some chatter about DoCoMo being more proactive about blocking
spam, but DoCoMo's response has been "we don't want to censor/control
contents" which is fairly silly since that's what they already do with
official contents. Technically it would require a more than a bit of
maintenance to adequately and fairly block most spam email, but not
impossible.
I'd rather DoCoMo keeps the fees for those 400 packets (400 x 0.3 yen x 25
million people x 12 months/year = 36 billion yen/year, plenty of money to pay
for inbound mail filters and human overseerers to verify) and implements
better control over mails coming into their system.
This is a perfect example of DoCoMo acting like a telecoms company and not an
Internet company. David, any response? (^^)

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

e-business technologies | engineering and strategy

"Connecting people, ideas and capital,
we will be the world's first choice
for achieving financial aspirations"