(keitai-l) Re: Sense of video on wireless phones

From: Marc Printz <Marc.Printz_at_724.com>
Date: 08/07/01
That's the whole point of M-stage: The average spending of i-mode users is
not a god-given fixed number but the hope is that it will increase. I don't
think that users actually think about how much their usage costs. Prices are
such that most people don't starve by over-usage. Keitai-lers, how many of
you steer your usage based on accumulated cost? I don't really care so far
(but I might not be a representative sample...

...which brings me to the subject of 'averages' earlier: I'm getting
confused, too. An average is an average and as such useful in itself without
requiring further confidence and no matter whether the underlying
distribution looks like Fujisan or Twin Peaks. 'Confidence' only comes into
play once you start formulating and testing a hypothesis that serves to
yield more information about a distribution that is not yet fully
understood...just my two yen)

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/ ]