(keitai-l) Re: Japanese Toy Phones

From: Phillip Zadarnowski <fanjet_at_iinet.com.au>
Date: 08/08/01
Curt Sampson said:

>I could, and do. I've got a P209i (60g), and I have several friends with
>a P209is (84g). I've compared the two and there's a pretty noticable
>difference, enough to give me a strong preference for mine.

>If you really want to see the difference, I suggest you carry your phone
>around in your shirt pocket for a week.

Less bounce for the ounce...

Take pity on me then, for:

1. "Staying on top of appointments and addresses while staying in touch
    on the go need not weigh more than a 250 gram cell phone. Sharp
    presents its first integrated organizer and cell phone, the MCG-1."
    - Sharp press release, 1997, trying to impress the market with the
      Alcatel-designed clunker.

2. I don't even notice its in my shirt pocket.

I guess most people don't mind the weight of phones providing they're
below about 125g. And then there are the extremists such as you and I.