(keitai-l) Re: Japanese Toy Phones

From: Phillip Zadarnowski <fanjet_at_iinet.com.au>
Date: 08/08/01
Paul Bryan Lester:

>Hmmm do they really break like toys???

>100% of my friends in the US have broken their keitai
>(that's 3 people), but only a few (also about 3 but out
>of 40) have succeeded in breaking their Japanese
>cell phones and usually it takes a year or two, not a month
>or two.

>    I am great and breaking things.  My Japanese phone hasn't broken!
>They look like toys, but toys they are not.

Mobiles go through the drop test before release. I've had two phones
undergo gravitic disfunction, but only after repeatedly doing so over
a few years and even then only the LCD cracked or otherwise failed.

I really wish we had some decent Japanese phones over here. After
a trip to Hong Kong and seeing all these tiny clamshell phones worn
around the neck like pendants, I'm sure they would sell very well indeed.

Every gram of weight saved helps reduce the impact when knocked/
dropped.